Tag Archives: wealth

Why are some countries rich and others poor?

There appears to be a tradition among our country’s lawmakers of using the law to redistribute wealth rather than to help create it. From this standpoint, the law is essentially a mechanism for sharing a fixed stock of wealth among … Continue reading

Posted in Articles | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Poverty is not a disease

The War on Poverty was officially started by President Lyndon B. Johnson in his State of the Union address on January 8, 1964. Studying his speech and subsequent programs, one gets the idea that poverty is something terrible that happens … Continue reading

Posted in Articles | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

How wealth is created

We are the lucky heirs of our fathers and forefathers whose saving has accumulated the capital goods with the aid of which we are working today.  We favorite children of the age of electricity still derive advantage from the original … Continue reading

Posted in Articles | Tagged , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

How the World Bank Destroys Wealth

Listen to a true story of life in India in 1992 (as reported in The Washington Post)[i]. In Chopta, India, high on a mountain ridge in the Himalayas, women work with scythes in the heat on meager plots of wheat … Continue reading

Posted in Articles | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Why Adam Smith Today?

Today, the world holds almost seven billion people living in more than two hundred countries. Most of these people (about 80%) are living and have lived for centuries in poverty. The remaining 20% — many of those living in North … Continue reading

Posted in Biographies & Directories | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment